Betta Falls (On going tank review)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about fluval spec? The 5 gallon long one. I was thinking about buying that, but don't know about the flow rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ask TheresaM she has one. It's a gorgeous tank.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Update!

I had Betta Falls for a while now, and it's now officially taken apart and decommissioned. I now have my Betta "Stubs" in his own 2.6 gallon tank with light and filter. It's a "Top Fin" and it's actually really cool looking for the price point! I really recommend the "Top Fin Glass Aquarium 2.6g".

Top Fin® Glass Aquarium | Aquariums | PetSmart

A lot of people make the mistake with this tank of pointing the spray bar of the filter towards the middle of the think. With the filter turned down, and the spray bar pointing to the middle, than it would be to much flow. However, I just turned the filter all the way down, and pointed the spray bar outflow towards the glass. This dramatically decreases flow in the tank and makes it perfect for one Betta!

Here is pictures of the new tank!
Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - baron1282's Album: Off

Final Thoughts of "Betta Falls"!

The tank is awesome looking, but that's about it. The pump that came with the tank was extremely loud. I am going to e-mail Aqueon and get a replacement pump to see if that solves the issue. I don't know when I will honestly set it up again, but I plan to do something with it. It can still be used as a small feature fountain.

The tank is just too small, I wouldn't recommend it at all for Betta's. I know there is going to be people that buy this and use it for Betta's, and it's better than the cups they are in when being sold and shipped to stores. There is more room in the compartments than one would think, but still not really enough for a Betta to be completely happy.

Overall, I would suggest anything that is a gallon or more, over this tank. When I sell Bettas I try to make sure they only go to filtered tanks that's at least a gallon. I can't always do that, and I at LEAST point them away from products that are bellow one gallon. Unfortunately, I can't always do that.

The 2.6 gallon tank that "Top Fin" makes easily becomes one of my top tanks to suggest for a Betta! Along with the "Net Geo" 2.5 gallon tank, and the "Top Fin" 1 gallon with under gravel filter (only because, it's cheaper and it's better than what people want to buy for the same price).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom