Betta filter problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amzwiz87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just upgraded my betta, Phish, to a 10 gallon tank and I hate hate hate the way the filter pushes him around! I have an Aqua-tech (why did I buy it all at Walmart! Stupid! :( ) I am open to buying a new filter if needed, but is there any way to rig it to decrease the flow?! Thanks! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408748746.350911.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Rig a piece of plastic under the out put to break the stream, should greatly decrease the power of it

Whoa that literally took me two seconds and it works perfectly! But...did I put the bottle in the wrong direction? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408750502.857826.jpg
I mean it works perfectly and I barely notice it. I might rig it better in the future.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408750593.596198.jpg
Here's a better pic.

You can barely notice it, but a taller decoration there would probably hide it completely. Glad it worked :)

Well even with the bottle he still gets pushed around. I just ordered a double sponge filter hoping that works out better. I know there's no chemical filtration and I'll have to do more frequency WC, but I don't mind. He's just in a lil tiny 10 gallon tank. I just want him to be happy and make bubble nests! :D

Back
Top Bottom