Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Betta fish tank

Hi folks

I am hoping you can help me with a little problem I have.

My 5 years old has a Betta Lifespace 12L fish tank which has a trickle filter type system. Now the motor on this system has stopped working, and the best my local pet shop can supply me with is a huge rectangular filter style pump for a 45L tank.
Now needless to say that this thing is like a massive rectangular wart on the side of the tank. It is almost a quarter of the width of the fish tank in size, and has the nasty habit of making fish dissapear.

Anyway this leads me onto the question. I have been unable to find a web site for Betta, or a supplier in the uk that would be able to send out a replacement part. Does anyone know of the address or some other way in which to sort this out, so I can get rid of this monstosity??

The part that has failed is a HaiYang HY-203 powerhead if thats any help

thanks in advance folks

Ataxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
Sliced Bread

Welcome to AA!

I searched and you're right, very little is coming up on that system or that pump.

Does the pump move air or water?

In the DC Metro Area? Check out GWAPA and WAMAS
neilanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

IMO just get another powerhead...
fishmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

betta, betta fish, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com