Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Betta has sluggish behavior. PH too high?? More decor?? (VIDEO)

So that is my halfmoon betta benjamin. He's pretty lazy and sluggish. During the day he mostly hangs around the bottom of the tank. In the video he's more active cause i was there. I use to have a red viel tail betta that was bright red, active and always had his fins out. I knew he was happy cause he never stopped building bubble. nest. This one? None. Zero. Zip. What do you think is wrong? THe water parameters are: Ammonia- 0ppm Nitrate: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm and PH: 7.8. The week before i added some aquarium salt to kill any parasites or microbacteria. The temp is a solid 80 F. I feed him hikari food pellets. I change 10% of the water by vacuuming. The other 10% evaporates so i add 2 gals every change. Filter change every 2 weeks. Any advise? should i add more plants or decor. Also i would like to improve the color of my plants should i buy some eco complete or fluorite as substrate? Thanks in advance. The plant i have no is a sword.

My Movie - YouTube

vundercoverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
There's no need to change the filter every 2 weeks. If you're not seeding the new one you're causing your fish lots of stress by removing all the beneficial bacteria. A filter pad can last 6 months to a year. You just need to swish it around in the water you siphoned out to clean it
tarpon is offline   Reply With Quote

behavior, betta, deco, decor, sluggish, video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com