Betta tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mogurako

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a 2.5 gallon glass aquarium for my GFs Betta and I was curious what would be the best filter for it? All she have in there now is a cheap little air driven thing that she had before.

She has a single bulb 25 watt incandescent hood with reflector, what would be a good plants?

It's her work in progress, questions, comments or concerns?

Attachments

• image-115428813.jpg
    image-115428813.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 100
  • image-2693932870.jpg
    image-2693932870.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 85
Well I would like to say that's a beautiful betta. Male or female? And they sale aquaclear hob filters cheap for a tank that size. That's all that tank would need. Get one rated for maybe 5 gallons and put a small round air stone in it to keep it oxygenated.

In another note, I'm getting a betta next week for my community tank!!!

Its a male half-moon, not sure what color variant it is, I would say it's fairly close to a mustard gas.

I was looking around online and it seems the smallest Aquaclear is the AC 20(100) which is way to big for a 2.5.

The filter is a little internal sponge thing that is driven by a air pump.

Try aqueon!!! I have one on my 10g and its awesome. Filters very well and also polishes the water crystal clear I know they have tiny ones for 5gallon tanks

o.jonathan.o said:
Try aqueon!!! I have one on my 10g and its awesome. Filters very well and also polishes the water crystal clear I know they have tiny ones for 5gallon tanks

I'll look into those.

Ive got 2 fluval chi tanks 5 gallons each. Used, but look new! PM me. I use my 3rd for a dwarf frog a pleco (really small) and a tad pole

Mogurako said:
I just worry about to much flow.

Well in that case just build one!!! A small PVC pipe would work great with a small wet/dry pump with a control valve on it

Try this one out.

Aqueon Aquarium Power Filters at PETCO

They have different sizes and the smallest being rated 5-20 so it may be a little much. Internal filters are pretty cool just not the air driven ones

thats about the same size as a aquaclear 20.

for a tank that small a sponge filter will be ur best bet.
there r smaller HOB filter but i wouldnt bother buying one.
a DIY sponge filter with filter floss will work.

BlackMagic said:
thats about the same size as a aquaclear 20.

for a tank that small a sponge filter will be ur best bet.
there r smaller HOB filter but i wouldnt bother buying one.
a DIY sponge filter with filter floss will work.

So one of the little corner sponge filters,

Honestly I would just upgrade the tank itself. :/ 2.5 gallons is a tad small even for a betta. The Tetra Crescent I have is 5 gallons and comes with its own Whisper filter and light, which is nice.

KatieJ said:
Honestly I would just upgrade the tank itself. :/ 2.5 gallons is a tad small even for a betta. The Tetra Crescent I have is 5 gallons and comes with its own Whisper filter and light, which is nice.

I just bought the tank, it's bigger than a bowl the fish was in. The 2.5 is 12 x 6 x 8 , the Betta is very active and swimming around and seems to have plenty of room.

Mogurako said:
I just bought the tank, it's bigger than a bowl the fish was in. The 2.5 is 12 x 6 x 8 , the Betta is very active and swimming around and seems to have plenty of room.

Is that the one from petsmart with a glass hood

Back
Top Bottom