Biggest and baddest canister filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess if your tanks tempered you can't? Plus its like 350 pounds and had to be fanagled into my house by me and a friend. Not easy or fun. Ha

Yeah. Don't do it on tempered glass or else a hole will make the glass weak and have a chance if the bottom falling off. Not a good idea to have sumps on tempered glass aquariums.

Got em setup. They are definitely beasts, I even had to crimp down the discharge on em a bit. Super nice filters and filter media. Just expensive.

Lol t1karman. Sometimes I wonder if you're just an eheim sales guy caz you trash talk about fluvals every chance you get.

I don't run any eheims now as they don't make a 30,000 lph pump which I run 2 of lol

Oooops forgot I do run a small eheim compact 1000 in my weir up to my pup tank and now you mention it its great but I don't work for eheim

I have been keeping fish for over 30 years on a high end level so have used many different types of filtration and I sold a eheim 2252 internal filter about 2 years ago that I had running for over 20 years which was running 24/7 and its still going strong with not even a new impeller needed

I base my knowledge on my own personal experience

Yes the eheim classics are a bit hard to get closed and primed but eheim designs have come a long way since that 30+ year old model

Theta plenty about eheim if I used canister filters again eheim would get my money

You need a screw driver to clean a fx5 pump what a joke lol

Just thought I would weigh in having owned both brands .... I currently have a 125 running an fx 6 .... Water is crystal clear , holds more then enough bio media , and u don't need a screwdriver to clean it out .....

Just thought I would weigh in having owned both brands .... I currently have a 125 running an fx 6 .... Water is crystal clear , holds more then enough bio media , and u don't need a screwdriver to clean it out .....

So you don't need a screw driver to clean the impeller or take the motor off that's interesting what do you use a knife

Ur right ..... I thought they were referring to normal cleaning the canister ... U need a Philips driver for the four impeller screws ..... Not a big deal and definitely didn't not deter me from buying it .....

I have the eheim 2262. Any ideas to decrease tank current but also keep discharge valves fully open? So far I widened the spraybar holes but it still is pretty strong velocity. Maybe there's a different discharge nozzle or something that can be bought?

I have the eheim 2262. Any ideas to decrease tank current but also keep discharge valves fully open? So far I widened the spraybar holes but it still is pretty strong velocity. Maybe there's a different discharge nozzle or something that can be bought?

Change the pump on the top you can buy a smaller pump

The 2262 is actual a upgraded version of the 2260 the only difference is smaller pump

Your doing something wrong

What eheim would that be

My 2262. Unscrewing the pump from the canister lid. I want a lot of flow but low velocity. The bigger holes in the spray bar help but I'm thinking theres probably a wide flat nozzle attachment I could get somewhere I just don't know where.

My 2262. Unscrewing the pump from the canister lid. I want a lot of flow but low velocity. The bigger holes in the spray bar help but I'm thinking theres probably a wide flat nozzle attachment I could get somewhere I just don't know where.

You don't need to take the pump off the lid ever

To clean the impeller housing you twist by hand

You can get a very long spray bar or just that the spray bar off completely

The fact of the matter is if you want the biggest and the best the 2262 is a mans filter

But I don't own one

I've had a FX5 for almost a year now, and still can't get the crystal water I hear of???? It's on a 125 pretty much community tank, fish on the larger size, but can never get the water to clear.

I've had a fx5 running on my 125g cichlid tank for at least two years and have had zero issues with it and it keeps my water clean. It's a monster though, huge filter and it's a task to remove it to clean it out but i really can't complain as it does it's job. :)

I've had a FX5 for almost a year now, and still can't get the crystal water I hear of???? It's on a 125 pretty much community tank, fish on the larger size, but can never get the water to clear.
Have you tried putting some filter floss in there, it will polish the water nicely....

You thought About all pond solutions? Very cheap. Looking to get one myself since I looked at their reviews seeing they are remarkable and value for money. Forget the fx series because all your paying for is the brand. That's what one guy said.

Back
Top Bottom