Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-15-2013, 12:10 AM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by awhutter View Post
I guess if your tanks tempered you can't? Plus its like 350 pounds and had to be fanagled into my house by me and a friend. Not easy or fun. Ha
Yeah. Don't do it on tempered glass or else a hole will make the glass weak and have a chance if the bottom falling off. Not a good idea to have sumps on tempered glass aquariums.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #62
Aquarium Advice Regular

Got em setup. They are definitely beasts, I even had to crimp down the discharge on em a bit. Super nice filters and filter media. Just expensive.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhutter View Post
I've decided to do 2 eheim 2262's. Thanks everyone for your help! And don't hate on fluvals so much jeez haha
Wide choice
Old 06-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravereaper0 View Post
Lol t1karman. Sometimes I wonder if you're just an eheim sales guy caz you trash talk about fluvals every chance you get.
I don't run any eheims now as they don't make a 30,000 lph pump which I run 2 of lol

Oooops forgot I do run a small eheim compact 1000 in my weir up to my pup tank and now you mention it its great but I don't work for eheim

I have been keeping fish for over 30 years on a high end level so have used many different types of filtration and I sold a eheim 2252 internal filter about 2 years ago that I had running for over 20 years which was running 24/7 and its still going strong with not even a new impeller needed

I base my knowledge on my own personal experience

Yes the eheim classics are a bit hard to get closed and primed but eheim designs have come a long way since that 30+ year old model

Theta plenty about eheim if I used canister filters again eheim would get my money

You need a screw driver to clean a fx5 pump what a joke lol
Old 06-25-2013, 12:33 AM   #65
Aquarium Advice Regular

I think they're really easy to close and prime personally
Old 06-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Just thought I would weigh in having owned both brands .... I currently have a 125 running an fx 6 .... Water is crystal clear , holds more then enough bio media , and u don't need a screwdriver to clean it out .....
Old 06-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerby50 View Post
Just thought I would weigh in having owned both brands .... I currently have a 125 running an fx 6 .... Water is crystal clear , holds more then enough bio media , and u don't need a screwdriver to clean it out .....
So you don't need a screw driver to clean the impeller or take the motor off that's interesting what do you use a knife
Old 06-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice Regular

My eheim needs a driver too
Old 06-27-2013, 01:50 AM   #69
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Ur right ..... I thought they were referring to normal cleaning the canister ... U need a Philips driver for the four impeller screws ..... Not a big deal and definitely didn't not deter me from buying it .....
Old 06-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #70
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have the eheim 2262. Any ideas to decrease tank current but also keep discharge valves fully open? So far I widened the spraybar holes but it still is pretty strong velocity. Maybe there's a different discharge nozzle or something that can be bought?

Tags
canister, canister filter, filter

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com