Biggest and baddest canister filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awhutter

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 220g aquarium and wanted to know what the biggest and baddest canister filter is. Thanks for any help!

Thanks for the advice. I was hoping there was some beast canister that was made by a company not on the normal aquarium sites. It'd be nice to just have one to maintenance. :)

Yeah i just recently bought a api xp large canister filter for my 180. I tried going cheap but not to cheap and I still paid over 100$. I'm new to the canister game. I hope it has good instructions :) BUT from my research iv had deff read alot of good things about that fx5.

Whaaaaat. I wish u posted this like 3 days ago:) Ohh well hopefully mine does the trick

That's ok. Thats life. Finding something better after the fact:)

Yeah i just recently bought a api xp large canister filter for my 180. I tried going cheap but not to cheap and I still paid over 100$. I'm new to the canister game. I hope it has good instructions :) BUT from my research iv had deff read alot of good things about that fx5.

Is the xp l enough for a 180? I would rather get a xp xl ( xp4 ).

The 2262 looks like the perfect candidate. It says no filter media included. So not even a coarse sponge?

Is the xp l enough for a 180? I would rather get a xp xl ( xp4 ).

No I'm sure it's not. But i didnt have the money right now to get the fluvals. I got an older emperor 400 but im gonna buy a new more efficient one to run with my lg api.

The 2262 looks like the perfect candidate. It says no filter media included. So not even a coarse sponge?

You put what you want in there & make it the way you want it. After watching videos & reading of guys who have these filter 10+ 15+ years is telling you something. Ihave the 2080 running

You put what you want in there & make it the way you want it. After watching videos & reading of guys who have these filter 10+ 15+ years is telling you something. Ihave the 2080 running

I'm not an eheim guy so is the 2262 and the 2080 part of the classic series or a professional?

Back
Top Bottom