Bio Balls,Bio Bale, Dish scrubbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquaponicpaw

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm in the process of designing a sump. Mostly to increase the volume of my fish tank, but I want it to have filtering capabilities as well. I will be using a auxillary fuel tank to do this. It will be an enclosed sump. Kind of like a 14 gallon canister filter.
so I've been pricing, and trying to figure out exactly how much media I will need. And I figure it will cost me about $75 dollars to fill this thing. does anyone know of any "cheaper" sources for this (other than Ebay)? I've also heard that Nylon dish scrubbers make excellent media. and this would be the cheapest way to go. does anyone have any experience with those? Or sources so that I can maximize my bang for buck? I already have a decent penny into the sump alone. and don't want to cut any corners. I still have to get an external wter pump, hoses, connectors, ball valves etc. any advice?
At the rate I'm going the sump will cost twice as much as my tank. Which isn't a bad thing. I just want to do it right the first time. Also any reccomendations on external water pumps will be appreciated.027.jpg

Back
Top Bottom