Bio media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eddy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is better, api bio stars, or fluvel bio max ? And why?

You could use a new dishwashing sponge if you wanted. The BB don't care.

Caleb

Think you mean potscrubber?? Dishwashing sponges are a nono, some have anti mold/bacteria agents in there, bad news for a fish tank..
Op- seachem matrix is pretty sweet, any highly porous media will do. Avoid plastics like bio balls. Ceramic and such are best.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've been using plastic pot scrubbers as bio media for over a year now and they work great for me.

DSC09632.JPG

I honestly prefer them over the other types of media, particularly highly porous media such as ceramic. The pot scrubbers will never clog, are easy to clean, contain more than enough surface area for all the BB you will ever need, and are super cheap.

Think you mean potscrubber?? Dishwashing sponges are a nono, some have anti mold/bacteria agents in there, bad news for a fish tank..
Op- seachem matrix is pretty sweet, any highly porous media will do. Avoid plastics like bio balls. Ceramic and such are best.

Yeah. Where I live everyone bunches them in with sponges.

Caleb

Well i got a new aquaclear 110, that comes with the bio max, should i use the bio stars from my old filter, or use the bio max or use some pot scrubbers ?

The provided media is just fine, I run a sponge, cut to fit fiber pads and the provided biomax in all my ac's..

The provided media is just fine, I run a sponge, cut to fit fiber pads and the provided biomax in all my ac's..

+1

The only reason I would bother with using the old filter media is if it's currently running and cycled. Even then, I would just stick some in the bag with the ceramic rings.

Back
Top Bottom