Bio wheel help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RT14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Soo I have a filter with two bio wheels and the one of the left does not spin all the time like it should but the right is going fine.. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mine has kind if slowed down to, may be some gunk built up where the wheel sits?

My old filter did that! It had something to do with both sides have to have the amount of water flowing through. In mine it was because I had slightly more filter media on one side and it slowed down the water just enough to stop the wheel from spinning

It's just so weird I can't figure it out. Do you guys recommend penguin filters with dual bio wheels or what. Speak your minds

I quit using bio wheel filters for that very reason. What I found to be my problem, is the (bearings) that the shafts ride on would wear, and the shafts would set to low, and friction would stop them from turning. I swapped the bearings around, and it worked for a bit longer. You can replace the bearings, and that should solve the problem. Try lubing them with some non toxic lube. That helps a little to. Bio wheel filters are good filters, except for that issue;)

I just flipped mine and it's still dragging.. I will never buy another penguin, that's for sure, the media falls apart way fast too.

I her that issue with my penguin when I first started, the motor went bad when we were outa town for a week and when I came fine everyone was dead and my bio wheel was dry

Back
Top Bottom