Bio Wheel Power filer questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-=Jeff=-

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got my Filter and Heater from Big Al's

Now, where along the back should the filter be installed?

Also should the heater be near the filter as well? I have a Stealth 200 W heaters, which is the better way to mount it, horizontal or vertical?

Thanks

You can put the filter anywhere that you want. With power filters, I generally put it near the end of the tank and put an airstone on the other corner back wall. That way it gives it some circulation. You could also put it in the center of the tank. Just make sure you can install the heater with enough room.

I prefer mounting heaters horizontal about 2 inches from the substrate because it is easier to hide and IMO keeps the tank heated more evenly.

I agree on the heater. Horizontal about 1-2 inches above the gravel is great. And if you have ornaments, it's easy to hide. :)

Fishyfanatic said:
You can put the filter anywhere that you want. With power filters, I generally put it near the end of the tank and put an airstone on the other corner back wall. That way it gives it some circulation. You could also put it in the center of the tank. Just make sure you can install the heater with enough room.

I prefer mounting heaters horizontal about 2 inches from the substrate because it is easier to hide and IMO keeps the tank heated more evenly.

So I need an Airstone along with the filter? If so, what would be a good set-up for that?

Oh yeah, shoudl the heater be near the filter?

I have the Filter sitting ont he back left of the tank,

I would liek to put the heater on the left side as well, I will try the horioztal mount towards the bottom of the tank

You don't have to have an airstone. I just use it so there are not dead spaces in the tank. Basically if you wanted one, all you need is an airstone (if you have gravel, any kind will do. But if you have sand, the ones that bury in the sand will not work. You'll need sinking stones), an air pump, and tubing. Just attach the stone to the tubing, then the tubing to the ait pump. Pretty simple.

The heater doesn't have to be near the filter. You can put it wherever you want.

Back
Top Bottom