Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Question Biocube, come loaded?

I was in a salt water reef shop this morning and was stunned by the beauty of the biocubes. Do those come fully setup or do you have to buy everything a piece at a time. Like, get the rock, get some coral, get some fish....

How straight forward are they to take care of. I have more than enough fish stuff going on right now but I was curious.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

The only thing you need to add to a biocube is the sand, rock, and fish. Everything else is included. However, some people do mods like change the second chamber and make it a refugium, take out the bioballs and put in LR instead, and put more powerful lights.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks. Here are some rep points.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

What are rep points? Sorry if it's a stupid question... Lol
Old 07-17-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

look on the left under the number of posts you have made. That little green dot becomes more than one dot the more rep points you get. Basically it indicates how much/well people trust/regard your responses. You can give reputation points to people by clicking on the little balance scale next to a post.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh wow lol. I'm on the app so I don't see it
Old 08-10-2011, 04:06 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have a heavily planted BioCUBE 14 and love it except that the fish look strange in pictures when they are in the rounded corners at the front of the tank. The supplied lighting (10,000k and actinic) is more suited to marine tanks but it isn't hard to swap the bulbs out if you can find 6700k bulbs. I worry a bit about breaking the ceramic shaft the impeller rides on when cleaning the pump. And one of my blue LEDs appears to be burning out already. It is a quiet tank unless you get the water level too high which creates a waterfall out of the bioballs chamber into the pump chamber.

A seed hidden in the heart of an apple is an orchard invisible.
Welsh Proverb
kc2ped is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bio, biocube, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com