Biocube, come loaded?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zparticle

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was in a salt water reef shop this morning and was stunned by the beauty of the biocubes. Do those come fully setup or do you have to buy everything a piece at a time. Like, get the rock, get some coral, get some fish....

How straight forward are they to take care of. I have more than enough fish stuff going on right now but I was curious.

The only thing you need to add to a biocube is the sand, rock, and fish. Everything else is included. However, some people do mods like change the second chamber and make it a refugium, take out the bioballs and put in LR instead, and put more powerful lights.

look on the left under the number of posts you have made. That little green dot becomes more than one dot the more rep points you get. Basically it indicates how much/well people trust/regard your responses. You can give reputation points to people by clicking on the little balance scale next to a post.

I have a heavily planted BioCUBE 14 and love it except that the fish look strange in pictures when they are in the rounded corners at the front of the tank. The supplied lighting (10,000k and actinic) is more suited to marine tanks but it isn't hard to swap the bulbs out if you can find 6700k bulbs. I worry a bit about breaking the ceramic shaft the impeller rides on when cleaning the pump. And one of my blue LEDs appears to be burning out already. It is a quiet tank unless you get the water level too high which creates a waterfall out of the bioballs chamber into the pump chamber.

Back
Top Bottom