Biocube reviews are terrible, yet everyone on here loves them...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have done a TUN of research today about the Red Sea Max and the biocube. I have come to the decision of getting the 29 gallon biocube (Not the hqi). I have decided that the upgrades that could be made for the additional cost of the RSM, the biocube will be much better. And even without the upgrades I believe the biocube will do everything that I want it to (some soft coral and a few fish).

I have some more hard ware questions... :)

1.)I have a Koralia nano 425 power head (425 gph), will that be good enough or will I need another?

2.)What size heater should I get (I am worried about temp swings while the light is off)? I am a big fan of the aqueon pro heaters. Will 100 watts be enough?

3.)Is heat a big problem in the standard biocube? What can I do about it? I don't want to buy a chiller if I can avoid it.

4.)What would be the most beneficial upgrade from inTank?

5.)What kind of power head would be cheap and get the job done for mixing saltwater? Also what heater?

6.)As of now I plan to buy ro water from a local fish store (I may even buy pre mixed salt water for the first little bit) but is there a ro system that I should be aware of that is under $100?

Wow! That is a lot more questions then I planed on asking! They just keep coming to mind. I am sorry I am so clueless!

I have a finnex 150watt heater its easy to set and keeps up well.I dont have heat issues if we forget to turn on the a/c the tank might get to 81. I just buy my water from LFS less stuff hanging around makes the wife happy. As for every thing else you will figur it out as you go I do like the LED upgrade that Conviict2161 has but you can do that any time in the future. my system is all stock and is doing well

Back
Top Bottom