Biocube skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superman1950s

Aquarium Advice Activist
I plan on getting the biocube skimmer for my 26g nano. My question is, how often does the wooden air stone need to be replaced.

Stay Salty,

I really wouldn't recommend an air stone skimmer. They often are inconsistent and lack the power to collect skim-mate.

A skimmer is something you shouldn't skimp on, for a tank that size I highly recommend the AquaC Remora Nano skimmer, you can get used ones on eBay for around $50 and they are awesome. They are better than some that cost $300+. Just giving you my opinion.

Tom

That's a nice Skimmer, but it adds more stuff inside the tank. I have a nice size DIY hob fuge that can fit the biocube Skimmer nicely. And it keeps the Skimmer out of the tank.

superman1950s said:
That's a nice Skimmer, but it adds more stuff inside the tank. I have a nice size DIY hob fuge that can fit the biocube Skimmer nicely. And it keeps the Skimmer out of the tank.

Its your choice, but it would be sacrificing performance for aesthetics...

Check out the skimmer box add-on for the remora (also on eBay), that hides the pump and makes it skim better, and looks better.

Back to your original question I think you only need to change the wooden Airstones once every few months but I have never owned one so can't be sure.

Cool I'll check out that box. I'm all up for hiding and better skimming. If I can get it for 50$ on eBay its a better choice then the 50$ biocube one.

superman1950s said:
Cool I'll check out that box. I'm all up for hiding and better skimming. If I can get it for 50$ on eBay its a better choice then the 50$ biocube one.

You may have to wait for a good deal on a used one to come up, I just got the remora pro (2 models larger) with the skim box for $80, less than half the price new.

Back
Top Bottom