Bleach: Disinfecting Plastic Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am currently disinfecting/de-green molding/ de-diatoming my plastic plants with bleach solution in a bucket...as well as my betta caves and rock decorations... Leaving them to soak for 10 mins and then well rinsed and into another bucket of super primed water.
How long should I let the plants soak in the water with Prime and should I let them sit out overnight to dry? If so, will they be safe to add to my tanks in the morning?
Thanks!

As long as it doesn't smell like chlorine, you should be good. I'd let it sit in prime water overnight probably. Triple dosed.

reefdiver said:
I would say yes. I wpuld recomend letting them sun dry

I live in a condo with no sun access :-/

paytertot said:
As long as it doesn't smell like chlorine, you should be good. I'd let it sit in prime water overnight probably. Triple dosed.

I had it soaking in probably more than triple dose... Smelled like chlorine after 2 hrs so I dumped water and refilled and re-dosed.
Will the fish be okay in tank without any plants or decor overnight or will it stress too much?

Back
Top Bottom