blue actinic light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nobody said it would keep corals from spawning or of the sort. I thinner the arrivals are more towards the natural feel for the inhabitants and also the night dwelling guys come to life a bit more.its been awhile since j read any arrivals but if a fish is pulled from the ocean and stuck in a tank I would think that it would be a worsened experience to just all the sudden be blacked out at night. Corals could probably care less but the fish and inverts are what use that lunar lighting even though mine peak at 470nm

I thought the moon lights were just for us. So we can see what's going on at night. From what I understand moon lights are relitivly new to the aquarium trade. What did they do before that? Most likely just turned out the lights at night like most people. Their fish were fine just like yours will be at night with no moon lights

If the fish is shallow water it would definutly have a moon lite reef in the wild. Most fish only sleep half their brain at a time I remember hearing when I was younger. If u have a squirrel fish they may benefit pe any other fish like it. U don't need them but I believe it has benefits and the agrument could probably fill a book.

Because they are somewhat awake I guess. I saw a program on chiclids and they seem to completely sleep in the wild and just float around if they become dislodged from a rock or something.

My bi color blenny and watchman goby seem to not sleep at all. Usually on Friday and Saturday I stat up looking at the tank at night for hours

Back
Top Bottom