Blue Led's too bright?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kungpaoshizi

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got 4 strips total, 4$ a piece, but 96 led's per strip...
Got em hooked up, only have 2 shown here, shining straight down, put them on their side to make it not such direct, but the fish didn't seem to mind either way...
But can they be too bright? Do the pics look too bright?
Don't want blind puffers :D

Blue1.jpg

Blue2.jpg

Blue3.jpg

How log is your tank?

I just put 3 LED units (120 - 1w LEDS in each) on my 6' long 125g tank. At full power they will be the equivalent of 400w MH lights. The moonlight effect uses one row (7 LED's) at about 10% power (follows moon phase).

Do you know the color temp of the LEDs in those strips?

At $4 per 96 LEDs, I can't imagine they're anywhere close to 1W diodes.

Kungpaoshizi, Where did you get your LEDs? At that price, I may have to retrofit a tank if the LEDs are what I'm looking for.

96cm 38" Flexible Car LED Light Strip Blue US SELLER : eBay Motors (item 130374732394 end time Apr-13-10 17:25:35 PDT)=

Ya, at 4$ I figured I would at least check it out..
No amp info was given but so far I've hooked 2 strips to a radioshack ac>dc 12v 1.5A transformer, worked just fine.
Had to reduce it to 1 strip for my 4' 55g tank though, 2 strips was just insanely bright, lit up my ENTIRE living room like I was in a disco club or something... heh
Fish never really had any noticeable issues with 2 strips, except the dragon goby didn't seem to come out of his cave as early in the night..
With only 1 strip, and pointing the focul point of the lights straight up away from the tank, the ambience coming from the bottom of the light strip allowed for dimmer lighting and the goby seemed to not care too much then.
The puffers didn't care either way....
But I now I just need to find a submersible disco ball....
:D

Back
Top Bottom