Blue light and temp question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CircleOfLinks

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys just wondering is it important that I have a blue light or is the 2 normal White colour lights fine? I have no correls or anemone's and currently have no fish just live rocks but I was told I should have one blue and one White light.

Also I have a digital thermometer and the temp fluctuates between 25.8 - 27.2 degrees Celsius. Is that ok for the fish? I do have a heater a fluval 300watt and my tank is bout 300litres.

Lastly do I need a skimmer? I'm not planning to put anything except fish and live rocks.

Thanks guys

Danny

If you're not doing corals then the blue light isn't needed. It's photosynthetically important to them. FOWLR lights are whatever you think looks nice over the tank

Ok thanks for that.

What about the slimmer. Is really that important that I need one?

Lastly the temperature range. Is that ok?

Great article I think from a guy named Doug Wojtczak about the actininc/blue and he says the following, "The last bulb, called Actinic, is often used in combination with other bulbs to give a fluorescent glowing appearance to green and blue corals. Even though these tubes are recommended by various bulb manufacturers for high light applications, you must ensure that the light system is producing enough intensity for the corals that you wish to keep."

The whole article.. http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-08/dw/index.php

CircleOfLinks said:
Ok thanks for that.

What about the slimmer. Is really that important that I need one?

Lastly the temperature range. Is that ok?

You temp is fine for your fish depending some fish like higher temperatures then the thermostat says but it should be fine

Back
Top Bottom