Blue Sea Nano HOB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Fisher

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Figured I'd mention this for anyone looking for a HOB for a small fish or shrimp tank.

Ordered one the other day from amazon for my endler/CRS tank. It's only rated for a 5 gallon but I wanted something really just to polish the water with a little less flow than an Aquaclear 20 since I have fry and shrimplets.

It's really a small filter, nano is for sure the right word. Got it out the box threw a pre filter sponge on the intake and primed her up with some tank water.

I like that there's no filter cartridge but wish there was a basket to hold the sponge. I pushed the included sponge back some and filled the front with filter floss. I'd say 90% of the water is going through all the media.

I've had it running for about 4 hours now and the water is noticeably clearer. I feed some spirula powder and it was very green.

I've seen conflicting info on the flow rate. Some sites say 19GPH some 60. I'd say it's closer to 60. I'll run a test a little latter perhaps.

The other feature I like is the adjustable flow knob.

I'd say for less than 12.00 shipped it's a fairly decent little filter. It's got potential to be modded to perform even better than my current set up.

Back
Top Bottom