Box filter, has anybody used one ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bracey87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Jst wondering has anybody used or using one of these in their tank and have they changed to a canister (external) filter and seen any benefit in changing pretty new to this and jst want my fish to be as comfortable as possible, plus I can't really find any information on the Internet about them, when I brought the tank of someone else they wasn't using it and jst had a internal filter the original pump for the filter box was missing so I went and brought a power head that does 700 litres/hour linked it to the box via some hose and had it hooked up to a ugf which I have recently took out due to it wasn't filtering aswell as I thought it would plus I'm syphoning the gravel every week with water changes so pretty clean anyway so jst replaced the ugf with a intake strainer good idea or bad ? So any input would be great let me know thanks ☺

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's the pics

Attachments

• 1457254882185.jpg
    1457254882185.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 1457254899502.jpg
    1457254899502.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 1457254913223.jpg
    1457254913223.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 67
I've seen those a long time ago. They might be OK for FW but anything that is under gravel filter system will not work in SW. it would eventually be come a nitrate factory. I never saw if this is FW or SW.

I've seen those a long time ago. They might be OK for FW but anything that is under gravel filter system will not work in SW. it would eventually be come a nitrate factory. I never saw if this is FW or SW.

It is fw jst wondering really how they compare to a canister filter

In terms of comparison to a canister filter, they are essentially the same thing, the orientation is just different.
To determine the actual difference regarding filtration capability, that is a simply a combination of the amount of overall square inches of available filter area and flow rate.

If it is working for you and doing the job, you like it aesthetically and it is convenient to service for you, I see no need to switch.
Actually looks easier to maintain than most canisters.

In terms of comparison to a canister filter, they are essentially the same thing, the orientation is just different.
To determine the actual difference regarding filtration capability, that is a simply a combination of the amount of overall square inches of available filter area and flow rate.

If it is working for you and doing the job, you like it aesthetically and it is convenient to service for you, I see no need to switch.
Actually looks easier to maintain than most canisters.

Thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom