Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Arrow Boyu/Orca TL-550 Led using Berlin Filtration Method

Hello every one!!! Just starting my first ever Thread... I'm starting a new Reef proyect with a Boyu TL-550. I have worked previously with JBJ Nano Cubes, but this tank so far is working great and I'm impresed. 4 Chambers with plenty of room to play, work and improve... At this time I'm running the tank via Berlin Filtration System.Right amount of LR/LS and plenty of circulation power in display area. Basicly I 've removed all stock bio filtration media(bio balls & ceramic rings) and replaced with Rubble. Thinking about switch to Seachem Matrix, don't know yet. A Refugium w under water light. And planning to fit a CPR Nano or Mini Reactor Tumbler running Orca Nitra-Guard Bio Cubes: there is enough space to fit 1 Mini or 2 Nanos they could be installed under water or at water level, I expect your opinions or recomendations about it..
My set up is as follow:
(Right to Left) Chambers:
1st- Intake- I will use an In Tank Media Basket.
Filter Floss Pad
Chemipure elite
2nd-Skimmer/ and plenty of space under skimmer to improve or add anything. About 12". (Well can be fitted the reactor or move rubble there)Don't know if it a good idea a reactor before or after the skimmer???? Good question!!!? Hope someone share some light about this topic...
3rd-Chaeto w under water lights. LR Rubble in media bags. Later maybe Matrix?
4th- Return pump, UV/ some space to work as well.
I would appreciate any advice, comments, opinions or recomendations about how to run this tread, and exchange info and experiences as well. Thank everyone!!😀😀😀

PDT: By the way, English is not my primary language Spanish is, so excuse any miss spelling or writing!! Hope you guys have a good one...
Xbandit27 is offline   Reply With Quote

filtration, led, method

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com