Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-08-2005, 04:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Brand new CO2 tank valve is stuck...? (emergency)

OK, im sure this will attract many flames :\ I ordered a filled CO2 tank from aquariumplants.com and much to my surprise it came today (seemed way early). I already had my Milwaukee MA957 regulator here and assembled. First question... the tank was very warm (its hot here)... thats not a good thing is it? Shouldnt a CO2 tank with liquid CO2 be cold LOL ?

I got the regulator on the tank no problem, nice and tight. Heres where the problem started: I started to open the tank valve and gas started to escape (high pressure). This only lasted for about 1 second (at the most 2) and I immediately closed the tank valve, after pee'ing my pants

I remembered that I forgot to open the main regulator flow valve. Now, on the instruction sheet from the Milwaukee guys, it says doing this can cause damage to the diaphragm inside the regulator or can damage the right gauge. So, then I opened the regulator valve like Im supposed to, and followed all the other directions to the T. This time, when I opened the tank valve, it seemed fine, I got a reading on my high pressure gauge, and nothing blew up! So I opened the tank valve all the way like the directions said to do.

As I opened the needle valve (as instructed), gas started come through and even spit some of my water out of the bubble counter. After I had a steady flow going through, I tried to move on to the next stage where you close down on the regulator valve so you get a reading in the left gauge (low pressure gauge). As I started to close the main regulator valve as instructed, I got a slight reading on the left gauge for about 1 second (maybe 1-2 PSI) and then all of a sudden, both gauges lost all pressure and are now sitting at zero. Does this mean my tank is freakin empty?! How?!

As if that weren't enough - here's the main problem. I cannot get the tank valve to open OR close. It will not twist either way. Can someone please help me... This is really starting to spook me.

cgcaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:38 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to krap101
well the only thing i can help is with the cold co2 lol... co2 is only cold when it is filled. when it stayed there for awhile it changed temp. also when you use it enough i think it gets cold again..

but thats for my paintball co2 so it might be diff.

~ Danny
krap101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:46 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
were did you get the regulator? whats there return policy on these things.. this seems like just a normal case of misunderstanding.. It was not damaged on purpose is what im trying to say and laws are written as to what the common person would have done or what the common person might have made a mistake in doing.. you should be fine to return the thing is what im getting at.. can you take the regulator off and return it for a new one.. or have it sent in to be repaired?
greenmaji is offline   Reply With Quote

co2, stuck, tan, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com