Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-29-2003, 05:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Brite Lite Kit from AH Supply

Hi All. I know this belongs in another Forum, but just in case you are thinking of upgrading and are skeptical about a DIY project, this one is a snap.

I just finished building the 6 X 55 from AH Supply. This from someone who cringes when his wife asks him to hang curtains (LOL). Well I now have high noon in the Amazon and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for suggesting this one Rex!!

Old 12-29-2003, 08:55 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Well, since I did NOT get my new lights from Santa this year, I will probably be right behind you on this one, Brian!

Did you take pics of the process so we can see how you did it? Who needs curtains when there are plants to be grown, anyway?

TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:30 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

No TankGirl I didn't take any pics but just let me know when you're ready and I'll help you with all the short cuts. Cross my heart (LOL)
Old 12-29-2003, 09:36 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Okay, Brian. I have a birthday conveniently coming up, so we will see. I do think this is the most cost-effective way to go. Hubby is an architect and has electrical contractors he deals with frequently, and wants to get everything from them, but I am concerned he will get the wrong Kelvin bulbs or something. I have sent him the link to AH Supply, just in case...
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:10 PM   #5

AH Supply kits are awesome. They come with all the parts you would ever need. Directions that most 11 year olds could understand. And the reflectors......
Old 12-29-2003, 10:45 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes Rex it's awesome. Thing is I built the enclosure 1 inch taller and 1 inch wider then they're plans called for. I'm glad I did because it gave me room to work.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:46 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes Rex it's awesome. Thing is I built the enclosure 1 inch taller and 1 inch wider then they're plans called for. I'm glad I did because it gave me room to work.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:21 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

...not only can most 11 year olds understand the directions...most people over 11 can understand them too!!!

Even if you have no experience with electricity, the instructions are very straight-forward...even I couldn't/didn't mess anything up!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 01:18 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Their reflector truly puts the light down into the tank. I've compared Coralife to AH Supply and there is no comparison. My 36 watt AH is brighter than my 65 watt Coralife PC. Its because of the design of AH Supply's reflector. I second Brian's thanks to Rex for also turning me on to this great little company!
Old 12-31-2003, 01:19 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Oophs

Tags
supply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com