Broken part fluval 405?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vikkiog

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys, bought a second hand tank today that came with a fluval 405 external but the part that covers the impeller has two clips holding it on and one of the has broken off. Just wondering if its still safe to use or if this might cause any problems??
The guys dropping off the tank in a hour so it'd be appreciated if I could know by then. Ill try put a pic up i case I don't make sense

They are needed to make that cover seal correctly or else you will have zero pressure in the canister. Plus if not sitting in the correct spot it can damage the impeller parts. All this happen to me with just one clip broken.

This problem is actually what brought about the 06 models. You can still try to use it, sometimes a good shake will get everything seated properly.

Forgot to mention that this happened on my 406 but thought that it might work the same.

Ok thanks :) ill have a look on eBay, suppose I can't complain when it's second hand really.

Back
Top Bottom