Broken tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NikkiG78

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just broke the end of my 30gal. Is there a way I can fix it or would it be cheaper to just buy a new tank? It's broke and spiderwebbed toward the top, not just chipped.

NikkiG78 said:
I just broke the end of my 30gal. Is there a way I can fix it or would it be cheaper to just buy a new tank? It's broke and spiderwebbed toward the top, not just chipped.

Better off gettin a new tank.. I think petcos $1 a gallon sales goin on til Sunday

Definitely would not attempt a repair on that. Hit Petco or Craigslist.... Sounds like the perfect time for an upgrade :D

NikkiG78 said:
$1 a gallon??? Is that all Petco's?

I'm pretty sure it is and if not Craigslist is a good idea too get tanks for real cheap just gotta do a lil looking around

Both Petco's that I went to told me that it was on till the 15th.

40 breeder is $40, go for it!

If it's just a single pane of glass that is broken, it is repairable, but takes quite a bit of time and effort to remove all of the old silicone and get a new piece cut to fit. It's much easier to get a new tank, but you may want to keep the old one just to have a project one day.

Rokuzachi said:
Both Petco's that I went to told me that it was on till the 15th.

40 breeder is $40, go for it!

None of our Petcos had any. All they had were 10 and 20, bummer.

jetajockey said:
If it's just a single pane of glass that is broken, it is repairable, but takes quite a bit of time and effort to remove all of the old silicone and get a new piece cut to fit. It's much easier to get a new tank, but you may want to keep the old one just to have a project one day.

Yeah, I'm going to keep it. It's just the end pane and I really hate to throw it away without trying to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom