broken wire on my Aqueon water filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chryz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have my Aqueon water filter on my 10 gallons fish tank. Because I regularly clean them, due to removing and securing the wire on the side of the Aqueon filter, the wire got broken right on the base where the connection to the filter is attached. The copper wires come out. I'm sure this is not anymore safe to submerge in the aquarium. Is there anyway could this be fixed???? A glue or a silicon?

Thanks
Chryz

Here's the picture:

http://chryz-atienza.com/IMG_2359.JPG

Absolutely do not use that filter, your life or the life of the fish are in danger. If you were a licensed electrician then it might be possible.

It is an inexpensive replacement please just do that. Thank goodness you saw it and identified the dangerous situation!!!

Absolutely do not use that filter, your life or the life of the fish are in danger. If you were a licensed electrician then it might be possible.

It is an inexpensive replacement please just do that. Thank goodness you saw it and identified the dangerous situation!!!
+1 water+electricity=[emoji88]

Keep the filter media in the tank near a water bubbler or where there is some good water movement and then get a new filter and add it to the new filter.

I'm not licensed as an electrician but I have worked around electricity for 50+ years.
As strongly as I can tell you. Be very very careful about unplugging it. You do not want those wires any where near water or to get wet. Do not step in water when handling the filter.

Back
Top Bottom