Brown dots on mesh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chykityta

Aquarium Advice Freak
Are they normal? What are they?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431049298.349142.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431052571.276391.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431052591.214385.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431052610.314812.jpg

And after rubbing it against itself, it looks like this.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431052663.620116.jpg

Please accept my apologies if another topic exists with the same but I did search through the site and after reason about 15 full threads, I stopped.

Sent by me; a Newbie
10g partially planted with 7 Bloodfin Tetras - Est. 1/29/2015

Are the bags in the filter and out of the light? It might be some kind of algae.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This looks like normal filter "dirtiness" to me, unless I don't understand what I am looking at. And by dirtiness I don't mean your filter is dirty, I mean that's just what filter stuff looks like after it has been in use for a while. It's not going to stay pristine white.

Thank you all for your input. I wanted to make sure I didn't have to worry about it since it was only in the filter.

Light does shine the filter as I have a clip on light at the top of the tank (the lid LEDs are too bright and blue; my fish panicked the first time I turned them on and have been off since).

Sent by me; a Newbie

How do I ask a question on this thing just downloaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what happens is that channels form where water flows easier through the filter media. In those spots you will see more muck build up than in other spots.
perfectly normal and nothing to be concerned over.

and after looking closer, I can guarantee those are spots are where the opening in the end of the fluval bio "noodles" was against the mesh and water flowed through.
That is why they are all relatively the same size/shape.

mystery solved.

How do I ask a question on this thing just downloaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since your on iPhone go to the selected section you need (freshwater, saltwater, inverts, plants whatever) and hit the dots in the top right corner. This should pop up a window that says to create a new thread.

Caleb

mystery solved.

Answers that make sense and convince you are extremely valuable; especially when the responder is certain that the response is the answer. LOL, you cracked me up! Thank you and will check out the comparison of the holes against the floss on their next clean.

Sent by me; a Newbie

Back
Top Bottom