BRS 75 GPD on producing 30-40 GPD???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought my BRS 5 stage 75 GPD chloramine unit + 3-4 months ago and have noticed that my DI canister never fills up fully and only stays at 1/4 at all times.

It takes me 2-3 hours to make 5g when it is supposed to make 3g or so in 1.

Can anyone give me any tips on fixing this? Thanks.

Could it be clogging in the sediment filter? Its turned light brown but always fills up like the others, its just the DI that has the problems.
The water seems to just trickle down from the top and to the base but never builds up to full canister.

My resin doesn't fill all the time, either, but I've noticed it's pressure/temp related. In this cold weather, the filters aren't as efficient. If the water is warmer, the DI canister fills with water. Same with the pressure measured on the built in gauge. Anything over 60PSI and it's fine; even a hair less, and it doesn't fill.

That being said, I can still make 3 gallons in a little over an hour. I was thinking of getting a booster pump to even out and regulate the input pressure, but I'm holding off on that.

Back
Top Bottom