BRS Add-on RO/DI Membrane Review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
During last months group buy I picked up this item

150 GPD Water Saving Upgrade Kit - English.

I have the BRS plus ro/di unit and it only makes like 3 gallons of water an hour which was not cutting it what with all my tanks. lol

It took a month to install it but now it's up and running. I have to say it seems like a great purchase so far. I am now making over 6 gallons an hour and the waste water has been cut in half.

Here is a picture of it all installed which believe it or not was not difficult at all other than I had to take the unit off the wall.

If anyone was thinking of getting the same add on membrane and you have any questions just ask.

img_2004828_0_e7d104bd67fb9661cbaa6668d1b8d9d6.jpg

I don't know exactly what my water pressure is but it seems to work fine on my 75 gpd so I'd say its pretty average. Did you have to get the booster pump because that's the main thing steering me away since its so dang expensive lol

Nope, no booster pump was needed. I have about 63psi going into the unit so I was ok without one. You can pick up a gauge for like $10 and see what your pressure is. I have the built in one from BRS so it was easy peezy for me. lol

carey said:
Nope, no booster pump was needed. I have about 63psi going into the unit so I was ok without one. You can pick up a gauge for like $10 and see what your pressure is. I have the built in one from BRS so it was easy peezy for me. lol

Sweet, moving up on the wish list haha thanks as always Carey

Back
Top Bottom