BRS Reactor Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
So since I am in the middle of my 125g build I figured I'd add a BRS GFO/carbon reactor.

has anyone else used these? Can you run both carbon and gfo in the single unit? Or should I buy the double one? it warns that the double unit can have flow issues and the website recommends getting 2 separate reactors...

Also, where do I place this in my sump? In the return pump section?

Thanks for any help guys!

:-D

So anyone have any input on this? If you use any reactor I would love to hear how it works and how you have it set up.

Any information is good information. :-D

i use the two little fishies phosban reactor it works great my phosphates stay at 0 ive never actually tried mixing carbon with with the phosban media but lots of sites have said you can

i have it in the same compartment as the skimmer it pumps into the reactor and empties back into the same chamber

they say the media is good for months ive been using this same media for about 3 weeks so far still 0 phosphates i'll check every week to see when they start creeping back up then i'll change it out

OOOhhhh, I was thinking I wanted it in the return section where the water is the purest. I don't think theres enough room for it in my skimmer compartment though, its' pretty tight in there.

What would you do Hack, get the singles or get the double one? I'd need two pumps for two singles I figure so there goes more sump space....but they even say in their video on BRS that the double can clump so tweaking the pump is required....

So confused... I've had phosphates since day one and figured I'd fix it this build. I also like to run carbon. call me a fool but I like it. lol

i would get singles because i read carbon has to be run at a higher gph then the phosphate media also you can run it any chamber you want i just have it in the skimmer chamber because thats where i set it up and i never got around to moving it lol

Youre a life saver hack, thank you so much!

I think I will go with the 2, might buy just the one and see how much space I need then get the other one. If I don't wanna run a carbon reactor how do I add carbon? Just toss a bag in the return section? That doesnt seem to be enough to get the benefits....

yea thats what some people do but its better for water to run through carbon not just around i tried to run the output from my reactor into this bottle that i had cut the top off with holes on the bottom and a filter sock inside the bottle filled with carbon i dont think it had enough ghp to really make a difference lol

Back
Top Bottom