Brush to clean Fluval tubing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy2727

Aquarium Advice Addict
People have said that Lowe's carries a very long brush that could be used to clean Fluval tubing, but when I checked they had nothing. Anyone know where to get one?

I bought Hagen's, the brush size is fine but the handle is far from long enough. So far my best option is to tie a long string to it with a nut on the other (as in nut and bolt not acorn). I could drop the nut through and then pull the brush through a few times to get the tubing clean.

Any other ideas?

I picked up a brush from HD designed to clean dryer vents. It works like a charm. It's soft bristled and has good reach. If you've got long hosing you'll just need to hit it from both ends obviously. Since it's arrow shaped...when you pull it out...watch out for flying fish debris. Eye protection is recommended, haha. They had it over near the mops.

30 in. Dryer Vent Brush-962510 at The Home Depot

fort384 said:
Looks like a good option Eric. is it pretty flexible?

Yep. You can bend it into a circle if needed. The shaft is basically a coil covered by flexible tubing. It works great...but I'm only half joking about the eye protection thing. The brush is a fairly tight fit into the Fluval hose, and when you pull it out it transforms fish debris into a fine mist, haha. The wife was not a big fan when she saw the shower stall.

Back
Top Bottom