Bubble magus BM-Nac77

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the BM Nac 66, went between these two and decided on this one due to it fitting a bit better in the sump. Great skimmer, took all of three days to break in and I'm pulling stuff out I didn't even know was in their. I have to clean the cup out ever four to five days before I added a sewer line drain for it.

Easy to fine tune and get settled in? Now i found the curve 7. Its a bit cheaper, only uses one pump and its built into the body. Idk which one to go with but im certain im going with BM. Thank you for the input

Easy to fine tune and get settled in? Now i found the curve 7. Its a bit cheaper, only uses one pump and its built into the body. Idk which one to go with but im certain im going with BM. Thank you for the input
Extremely easy to fine tune, I set the original to get it broken it and have only adjusted maybe 10 times in the 6 months I've had it. I may have just gotten lucky by picking the right setting, but the water height I looked up and just glued and stand for it to sit on. The dual pump is nice too and produces a crazy amount of bubbles. Nice thing is none really come out of the skimmer, it produces very little skim bubbles in the sump.

Also the pumps and skimmer are all on one platform/base. The pumps aren't sitting on the side putting pressure on the acrylic. Very well built and the thing weighs prob close to 20-25 lbs.

Thats great news!! Plus i love that there is an automatic neck skimmer available for alot of these

I have a BM 180 EX. I think it's an excellent skimmer for the money. I just recently purchased a Seaside Aquatics ES2 for a tank I maintain. Another awesome skimmer. I like the Sicce PSK1000. Very efficient pump.

I am looking for a good skimmer as well. setting up a 75 with a 40 breeder for a sump. will be following

Thats great news!! Plus i love that there is an automatic neck skimmer available for alot of these
Yeah, I don't wanna spend the money on it personally but still a cool feature.

I picked up a curve 7 about a month ago and absolutely love it. Easy to assemble, easy to tune and really quiet. I have it on a 200 gal system and get about 1/2 a cup every 4 days or so.

Jester1026 said:
I picked up a curve 7 about a month ago and absolutely love it. Easy to assemble, easy to tune and really quiet. I have it on a 200 gal system and get about 1/2 a cup every 4 days or so.

Great to hear!! Could you possibly attach a pic pf the skimmate? Id like to see how dark it is. Im still stuck as to which one to go with, its gonna come down to noise. The nac77 uses 2 smaller atman pumps compared to the curves bigger rock pump, so im not sure which will be quiter. However the curves numbered standpipe is an important feature to me. (dont know if the nac77 has it)

After some advice from Mr X, im going with the Nac77. In going to try and find some skimmers with sicce pumps, but my choice as pf now is te NAC

What did x say huma? I've seen all positives about the curve. 7 I'm interested to kno since I was looking at fish street and their prices are great!

Pretty much said what i was thinking. Told me to go with the dual-pump skimmer because it clearly moves more volume

Pretty much said what i was thinking. Told me to go with the dual-pump skimmer because it clearly moves more volume
These things really do pull a lot out and I only feed mysis every other day and pellets every day. Lots of water movement.

As in "these things" what exactly were you refering to? The dual pump models? Or bubble magus skinmers?

I understand huma. I was wondering if two atman pumps have the same reputation for quality as the one rock pump in the curve 7. I guess as long as parts are available any potential issues can always be addressed. My planned slope build is a 125 and I'm thinking of following the route your taking! Thanks for the feedback!

Back
Top Bottom