Bubble Wand/Wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshv155

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a slender, cylinder style 24 inch water bubbler deal so I could have a bubble wall on the back of my tank. I had it running fine for about 3 weeks then the bubbles stopped working. Tried poking little holes into it to make it work better but no luck.

So I returned that and bought the larger, almost square shapped bubble makers. I bought 2 12 inch ones that each require a air hose to them.

I have two air pumps, both rated for 100 gallons (have a 75 gallon tank). I have one air pump (with two out tubes) going to each air stone. One tube travels up each side of the tank and then down to the bottom of the tank. Same problem though...no bubbles. Part of the stone will bubble here and there but not the whole thing on both sides.

The air pump I have is a Whisper 100. Am I just trying to run to long of tubes to to many items and this is causing it not to work or is there some other problem that I may not know about ?

joshv155 said:
I bought a slender, cylinder style 24 inch water bubbler deal so I could have a bubble wall on the back of my tank. I had it running fine for about 3 weeks then the bubbles stopped working. Tried poking little holes into it to make it work better but no luck.

So I returned that and bought the larger, almost square shapped bubble makers. I bought 2 12 inch ones that each require a air hose to them.

I have two air pumps, both rated for 100 gallons (have a 75 gallon tank). I have one air pump (with two out tubes) going to each air stone. One tube travels up each side of the tank and then down to the bottom of the tank. Same problem though...no bubbles. Part of the stone will bubble here and there but not the whole thing on both sides.

The air pump I have is a Whisper 100. Am I just trying to run to long of tubes to to many items and this is causing it not to work or is there some other problem that I may not know about ?

If u have a check valve this will cut down on air alot!

Is it the soft rubber style bubbler? I use these, and sometimes mine stop too. To get them bubbling again I put it in a bucket of old tank water and rub it down. Algae and stuff will block the pores and make it hard for air to escape. Just give it a light rubdown every time you do a water change and it will work. You don't necessarily need to take it out every time, but if it's clogged now, pull it out, and just rub it off in the tank during your weekly water changes afterward.

Disconnect your tubing from the air pump and blow in it. You can tell if it's clogged that way. If it's not clogged your air pump is worn out. That happened to me and I bought a Fusion air pump. Cheap and really pumps the air. I have almost six feet of tubing from my pump to my wand - no problems.

Thanks for the help. I do have check valves on them (glad I do cause power went out couple weeks back and would have ruined my air pumps otherwise).

I switched out the circular type bubbles to the bigger almost triangle style that are thicker. I only was able to set up one and only had one air pump connected to it. The other air stones I brought home fell apart as soon as I opened them. Had a crack I didnt see when I bought them.

joshv155 said:
Thanks for the help. I do have check valves on them (glad I do cause power went out couple weeks back and would have ruined my air pumps otherwise).

I switched out the circular type bubbles to the bigger almost triangle style that are thicker. I only was able to set up one and only had one air pump connected to it. The other air stones I brought home fell apart as soon as I opened them. Had a crack I didnt see when I bought them.

I learned my lessons on check valves that way too. I've take my air stones out and soaked them in bleach then hooked it to pump and put in a cup of water and dechlorinator for a few days, it worked like new.

Back
Top Bottom