Bubbles from drain section in sump...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Little help, im getting lots of spray from the water draining into my sump. I decided to make a cover with bulkhead so I can custom the piping a bit and make a split "T" for the water to distribute a bit better.

The 2 45's on either side... Should I point them down, out to the side, or up? I have them so about 50% of the pipe is above water when lying flat like pictured...

What if you ran the return line below your water line in that section of the sump?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What if you ran the return line below your water line in that section of the sump?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It is below the water level. The air that gets sucked in from the overflow is what's causing the bubbles...

I could do something like that I suppose. I'm going to try to have the outlets facing up, and turn the pump up a bit. My thoughts are that the 45 degree bends will act as a diffuser by allowing the water to build before it exits and the air will be able to escape as well...

I think that's just going to make the overflow louder. On another note, I like the tile floor. Was it easy to do?

Our realtor thought it was tile too at first look when we looked at the house, however it is 3/4" handscraped hickory! I want to do my basement (the finished part) but it's almost $7/sqft for wood alone...

Louder eh? Due to the elbows facing up, or the elbows presence in general?

Due to the increase in flow. I vote for a filter sock. Wow! It looks just like tile I was considering!

Due to the increase in flow. I vote for a filter sock. Wow! It looks just like tile I was considering!

I'll try a couple different things. These tanks are always a work in progress...

Someone I know did their dining room in the tile that you're talking about... Looks great.

I have laminate floors in my house. Had a R.O. water mishap and ruined it. now I just cover it with an area rug. Since I'm on a slab, tile would be ideal.
The bubbles coming down aren't what is making the spray/salt creep IMO, it's them popping at the surface after.

I have laminate floors in my house. Had a R.O. water mishap and ruined it. now I just cover it with an area rug. Since I'm on a slab, tile would be ideal.
The bubbles coming down aren't what is making the spray/salt creep IMO, it's them popping at the surface after.

RO mishaps are brutal. My mishap involved falling asleep and having my water bucket overfill and end up in my downstairs neighbors kitchen, as the water followed the path under my uncaulked toilet... Woops. We sleep a little easier being in a house now instead of a condo.

Back
Top Bottom