bubbles from skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgan24

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just put back in my skimmer its a cheap visi-jet one and i can't seem to get the little micro bubbles to stop going threw my tank. I put a peice of sponge in front of the exit and that didn't work. What else can i do?TIA

I had that problem and it drove me crazy to have any bubbles, so I got some pvc pipe and fittings and rigged my output to go back into the predrilled area, where it is then run thru the wet dry and then back to the tank with no bubbles, seems to work .

I had the same problem. Someone told me that once my skimer "breaks in", the bubbles should cease. I bought a big piece of the black filter media, and cut it to fit. I had to mess around with it and cut several pieces..(thin, thick, long, short) until I found one that worked. It works pretty well. Sometimes I get micro bubbles, but they spill slowly and go right to the surface. They dissapate on their own in a short period of time. I take the sponge off and rince it pretty good about every week or two. I also contemplated hooking up a spray bar to the spill spout of the skimmer. I still may try it. If I do, I'll let you know how that works out for me.

Back
Top Bottom