Buckets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

batfire

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all. Well it's time for a 10 gal. water change. I am going to buy my salt water from my LFS. Where can I find 5 gal clean buckets with lids??

Home Depot or most likely any hardware store. Or you can consider a new 5gal gasoline container. Easier to carry too.

I've got two gas containers and clean buckets. The buckets make it easier to pour into my sump and remove water during changes. The gas containers are only for transporting water into the house.

My LFS has tons of buckets left over from the salt they use. They sell the buckets with lids for $2. You can also just go to Target or Wal-Mart and get a 15 gal RubberMaid tub and use that. I use a 30 gal. tub and it works great.

I agree with Austin and Lando - Got 2 10lb buckets from Home Depot that work just fine (I also use syphon method to empty and refill...takes less time and wow...no carrying heavy water buckets and pouring water all over the floor)!

Here's something I don't understand: why do some many buy pre-mix saltwater from the LFS? Its not diffcult to buy a bucket of salt, and just mix it at home.

I agree. It is a lot cheaperto do it at home as well. I get over 100gals out of a $35 bucket of salt. The LFS around here charge $1-1.50/gal for their pre-mixed SW. Also, I can adjust the SG to my liking. Most LFS keep theirs lower then I like.

If you have an Orchards Hardware Supply out there, they sell buckets and tubs with lids. I got a 5gal bucket and a 15gal tub for around $12 total

Back
Top Bottom