Building a sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

All_fish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am going to build a sump using a 10 gallon tank. Could you guys help me in building this or guide me to a you tube video. Im looking for a sump with three chambers, chemi pure/sponge, refugeium, and skimmer/return.

Thanks in advance

It's very simple I upgraded mine last night, I used a Rubbermaid container! Make sure then first chamber has enough room to fit you skimmer!
1st divider will dictate how deep the water in the skimmer section will be! 2nd will be 1 inch away from first and 1 inch from the bottom! 3rd gives enough room for the refugium ! Height is not important mostly there to stop debris from entering the pump!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398534340.425060.jpg

It's very simple I upgraded mine last night, I used a Rubbermaid container! Make sure then first chamber has enough room to fit you skimmer!
1st divider will dictate how deep the water in the skimmer section will be! 2nd will be 1 inch away from first and 1 inch from the bottom! 3rd gives enough room for the refugium ! Height is not important mostly there to stop debris from entering the pump!View attachment 234978

Thanks for the help. Could you give me a list of the things you bought?

If your handy at all 100% silicone and enough 1/4 thick acrylic to do the 3 pieces!

You will need a skill saw to cut the acrylic, cut slow to avoid cracking the acrylic!

Oh sorry I thought it was set up already. How big is that tub and do you mind finding the link? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom