building sump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilraen

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok, I have an empty ecosystem tank and bio balls, it didn't work with the mud because of yellowish tint to H2O and I didn't liked that. Can I build a sump out of it? what kind of sponge do I need? I already have a pump and overflow box. Any help will be greatly appreaciated and will save lots of $$$$$. Thanks

How big of a tank are you looking to install this on? To my understanding the ecosystem box is not very big. With an empty 20G tank it is very easy to build a sump yourself. I built one myself for under $50. Im not saying the ecosystem wouldnt get the job done but the benefit of having a larger sump would be a place to hide equipment such as heaters, protein skimmers, etc as well as adding volume to your system.

It's a 55 gal tank, and the ecosystem tank is made to be used with 40-65 gal tank. The pump pumps at a rate of 1200 gph and the overflow 700 gph. I think that will help right? I planning to keep the fluval in it as an extra help, I hope this is ok too. Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom