Bulb for Marineland Eclipse Corner 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plecoperson

Aquarium Advice Addict
I ordered one of these (http://tinyurl.com/ml2mj) which comes with a 15w incandescent lamp.

Any suggestions for a fluorescent bulb that will fit in the fixture? It's a 40th birthday present for Husband, and will house just a few low-light plants and two African dwarf frogs, so no specific needs. Just not incandescent!

You could use a compact fluorescent bulb, which should fit in the incandescent lamp socket. I've read there are bulbs at Wal-Mart that work well, in their aquarium dept, and are around $5. They're made by Lights of America, or All-Glass aquarium.

It's better to use the U-shaped bulbs, rather than the spirally ones.
Also, you'll want to use bulbs that are at least 5500K (Kelvin rating, aka lighting temp) - which will be good for the plants.

The long fluorescent strip bulbs won't work.

Good luck!

UPDATE

I received the tank, and it has a sticker on the front saying "now with compact fluorescent bulb". Not sure what the specs on the bulb are, but will post when I find out, for those interested in buying this tank in future.

Back
Top Bottom