Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kwaenz said:
just registered wondering if i can still catch up if the list is still open?
group buy from BRS ships each item to their respective buyers right?

Yes and yes. All info goes to BRS, Carey just needs ur email and first name.

Yep, it's just like ordering yourself. You get the shipment and you pay yourself as well.

Just pm me your last name and the registered email address you use for singing up at their website.

Thanks for that info!

I've just pm'ed you carey regarding my BRS acct but it says i cant do PM's til i become a trusted member here. :|

Anyway are they giving discounts on all items or just selected items?

Will know more specifics tomorrow when I call them. They closed early on friday.

I have a bunch of things to ask them, made a list. :-D

I hope the RO/DI units are as good as the reviews are on there site. That's one of the things that I plan on buying.

Thanks for that info!

I've just pm'ed you carey regarding my BRS acct but it says i cant do PM's til i become a trusted member here. :|

Anyway are they giving discounts on all items or just selected items?

AA won't let us new folks use links in a PM. You can replace the "@" symbol in your email with a hyphen "-" instead to give carey your email. Worked for me.

(Also, don't bother with the "remove links" button in the PM; it's bugged and didn't work for me serveral times.)

AA won't let us new folks use links in a PM. You can replace the "@" symbol in your email with a hyphen "-" instead to give carey your email. Worked for me.

(Also, don't bother with the "remove links" button in the PM; it's bugged and didn't work for me serveral times.)

thanks for the info dude! in fact what i did was i remove the ".com" and it went thru :lol:

I tried to remove the ".com" and it still bugged out for me. Glad it worked for you just fine!

oh really?! well lucky it went thru cos i've been trying to find a BRS group buy for weeks now, glad i came across this forum.

Can I still get in on this? I don't know for sure that I will be in on this one, but I should know by Wednesday (tomorrow). Is that too late? I'll send my info if this is still open for more people. Thanks!

We are at 18 people so far, I don't believe there is a limit. So sent me your info or you can wait til later after I speak with them on the phone.

carey said:
We are at 18 people so far, I don't believe there is a limit. So sent me your info or you can wait til later after I speak with them on the phone.

What do you need me to send you?

You need to egister at brs and provide me with the mail addy you used and your last name. :)

wow 18 so far this is going great. Thanks carey for the handling everything for us. your the best:) if u need any help let me know. its raining here today so im stuck in the office all day

i cant WAIT till next tuesday.....

OK so I just talked to them. LAmsot everything is discounted, the only thing excluded he could think of off the top of his head were reef controller systems.

Skimmers, specially the bubble magus are all discounted he said. Lighting fixtures are included, eco rock is included. Test kits like salifert will be a couple dollars off. Bulbs are also included but only a few bucks as the margin is already pretty low.

You will each receive an email the morning of Tuesday the 13th and then it's just a matter of going shopping, when you sign in under the email you signed up with the prices will be reflected with the appropriate discounts.

The largest discounts will be on their in house items, like carbon, GFO and other items like reactors.

He also again stated that you are not committed to buy anything so if the prices you see after you get your email are too high for ya, then all is still well. You must wait for your email tuesday morning though before shopping or the discounts will not be applicable and are not retroactive.

he also said ro/di units have up to a 30% off discount.

The cutoff for me adding people will be this Thursday at 6 pm EST. I need to have it faxed first thing in the morning on Friday at the latest.

Hope this answered some of your questions. Also, if you purchase from the group buy you will have preferred status which will give you a discounted price FOREVER on many items. Not as high as the group buy discount but lower than the regular prices.

Looks like a great deal and I can't wait til tuesday to see what the actual prices will be! I already have quite the list going lol

if you have any other questions you can post them here and I have my contact over at BRS now so I can email him with any further inquires. They cannot go to a specific item though and tell me what the price will be, tried that already. :)

So if you were on the fence now is the time to pick a side. I would join up just to see the prices. You never know...

I want to see if I have everyone so I was thinking either to send out a mass email from me with the emails I have of you guys who signed up to be sure I didnt miss anyone or listing them here.
I'm somewhat hesitant to put email addys on here as its a public forum.
So you may get an email form me within the next few days to confrim that I have everyone accounted for.

I will post here when I send out the emails and if you don't get yours please let me know.

thats all to report for mow!

This is awesome carey! Looking forward to getting stuff for my new/1st build. Thanks for getting this together! Any idea if the more folks we sign up, the bigger the discount? Just curious. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom