Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got my shipment about an hour ago... a day earlier than expected. Thanks! I can't wait to setup the RODI this week. I just have to figure out what to do with the waste water now. I'm wondering how much pressure the output has. If I go up about 4 more feet into the attic from where it will be mounted, I could run the waste line out to the rain gutter in the attic which is plumbed to a french drain on the side yard. I suppose I could get a booster pump for that if not enough.

It will be fine. No booster pump is needed to go that distance. Plenty of pressure on the waste output.

I would definitely put a check valve in between to keep the tube from draining back when you disconnect it.

That will be perfect then! Actually, if I direct it towards the other side of the garage some or most of it might make it out the drain pipe in the middle of the house which goes right into the flowerbeds. Thanks

Did you get a fast flush for it?

If not its cheaply done with hd parts. For the first five minutes run the unit with the ball valve open. You will get low TDS water from the start and your DI will last a lot longer.

I would set yours up like this. (ignore the xs)

RO waste line -> Tee > Restrictor > Tee > check valve > waste output
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|__ Ball Valve __|

question for you tkeracer619,
where should I put that check value cause i too want to do the same as mrbee2828, altough i think i am going just a bit futher, (i check my pressue and its 75 to 80 psi).
also can i use the RO for drinking? should i split the line before it reaches the DI unit?

As I understand it you should T before the DI for drinking water. The check valve should be close to the output after the DI unit, that way you don't have a lot drip out if you ever disconnect that line. I'll place mine a few inches out on the DI waste line.

Yeah split the line before the DI.

I used to have a tank and all that for drinking water but decided to tap the filter before the RO membrane. I grew up drinking tap water. The prefilters are more then I need. No waste water and it tastes just as good. Connected directly to a RO faucet.

Filtered water is safe to drink. RO water is safe to drink. DI water is safe to drink it just tastes bad.

Lots of urban legends about RO and DI sucking things out of your body. They are laughably false.

Back
Top Bottom