Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfdrookie516

Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
Hey guys-

Just wanted to offer everyone on the forum a chance to sign up for a BRS group buy for the second week of January. It will start 1/10/12 and end 1/16/12.

For those of you unfamiliar with how these group buys work, it's pretty simple. If you want in, send me your email address (that you have on BRS... if you don't have an account, let me know and I'll send you an invite) and last name via PM... DO NOT post your name or email address on the forum (it's a public forum.. imagine the spam!). Once the group buy starts, someone from BRS will send an email out to everyone who is part of the group buy. Once you get the email, you can log in to BRS and the group buy discounts will show. These discounts are usually pretty nice, about 20% if I calculated it right. Some items aren't eligible because of MAP pricing restrictions from the manufacturer, but most are. There's no minimum purchase necessary, and all items are paid for by you individually, and ship directly to you. Shipping is pretty decently priced, and free if your purchase is over $175. It's also pretty fast. They ship out of Michigan I think, and it takes 2 business days to get to me in Ky. For every $1 you spend, you get 1 BRS point. Each point is worth $.01... so 100 points = $1. These add up and make a nice little 'discount' once you get a few orders made.

There's no commitment if you sign up, but it's really hard to turn down their prices. They also price match if you find an advertised price lower somewhere else.

As I've said before, Carey started these, and I don't want to intrude on her. I set this up on another forum but wanted to offer it to anyone here who might have missed the last one and needs a few things for their tank. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Alrighty... just got confirmation that everything is set up for 1/10. Please make sure that you have your account set up with the email address you provided me. If you don't, you won't get included.

There's still time for anyone else to join in that hasn't already. I can add people up through the monday before (1/9), so PM me your last name and email address if you want in.

Just a couple more days to sign up. I have 25 confirmed so far. Still plenty room for more. The absolute latest you can sign up is noon eastern on Monday, 1/9/12.

I just got a BRS email. I'm not sure how the discount works but in any case the Plus RODI filter system is out of stock :(

I emailed them. I don't how this works or how the discount is applied but the difference from the standard is the TDS meter and gauge. You can design your own systems... can't they toss those 2 in and give us the Plus price? I emailed them to find out. We'll see.

Johnathon, go ahead and add me. I can't think of anything I need as I just ordered from them last month, but one never knows.

I beleive you have my email address... ;)

I just got an email from BRS and they said the RODI systems are being made there and our group buy will start tomorrow and they will be available.

Everyone that signed up has been sent in to BRS to be added to the group buy. Cmor and tkeracer619, you have both been added.

Hate to hear that a lot of stuff is out of stock :( Unfortunately, with retail, that happens. Glad they anticipate the RO/DI units being available though!

For anyone who missed the boat this round, I'm sure there will be another group buy coming around soon. I expect Carey will be setting one up in the near future.

Oh... and please feel free to post pics of what you buy!!!

FYI, Joe said in the email that if something was out of stock, not to worry. If you are part of the group by you are added as a preferred customer and available for discounts later on.

Everyone that signed up has been sent in to BRS to be added to the group buy. Cmor and tkeracer619, you have both been added.

Hate to hear that a lot of stuff is out of stock :( Unfortunately, with retail, that happens. Glad they anticipate the RO/DI units being available though!

For anyone who missed the boat this round, I'm sure there will be another group buy coming around soon. I expect Carey will be setting one up in the near future.

Oh... and please feel free to post pics of what you buy!!!

I messaged you 12/31 to get on the group buy. You then sent me an invite to BRS and I signed up. I have not gotten any BRS emails and there are no discounts when I log into my BRS account. Did I get left behind in this?

Are the emails out? I didnt get one yet and I'm not listed on the website as group buy yet either. :)

Back
Top Bottom