Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy

Hey guys-

Just wanted to offer everyone on the forum a chance to sign up for a BRS group buy for the second week of January. It will start 1/10/12 and end 1/16/12.

For those of you unfamiliar with how these group buys work, it's pretty simple. If you want in, send me your email address (that you have on BRS... if you don't have an account, let me know and I'll send you an invite) and last name via PM... DO NOT post your name or email address on the forum (it's a public forum.. imagine the spam!). Once the group buy starts, someone from BRS will send an email out to everyone who is part of the group buy. Once you get the email, you can log in to BRS and the group buy discounts will show. These discounts are usually pretty nice, about 20% if I calculated it right. Some items aren't eligible because of MAP pricing restrictions from the manufacturer, but most are. There's no minimum purchase necessary, and all items are paid for by you individually, and ship directly to you. Shipping is pretty decently priced, and free if your purchase is over $175. It's also pretty fast. They ship out of Michigan I think, and it takes 2 business days to get to me in Ky. For every $1 you spend, you get 1 BRS point. Each point is worth $.01... so 100 points = $1. These add up and make a nice little 'discount' once you get a few orders made.

There's no commitment if you sign up, but it's really hard to turn down their prices. They also price match if you find an advertised price lower somewhere else.

As I've said before, Carey started these, and I don't want to intrude on her. I set this up on another forum but wanted to offer it to anyone here who might have missed the last one and needs a few things for their tank. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Wow, I've had more people sign up on here than I was thinking would. Still plenty of room for more to join in if wanted.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 01-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Alrighty... just got confirmation that everything is set up for 1/10. Please make sure that you have your account set up with the email address you provided me. If you don't, you won't get included.

There's still time for anyone else to join in that hasn't already. I can add people up through the monday before (1/9), so PM me your last name and email address if you want in.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Just a couple more days to sign up. I have 25 confirmed so far. Still plenty room for more. The absolute latest you can sign up is noon eastern on Monday, 1/9/12.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I want in!!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Send a message via AIM to mrbee2828 Send a message via Yahoo to mrbee2828
I just got a BRS email. I'm not sure how the discount works but in any case the Plus RODI filter system is out of stock
mrbee2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

yep, i just caught that, i was wanting one as well. :-(
Old 01-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

I emailed them. I don't how this works or how the discount is applied but the difference from the standard is the TDS meter and gauge. You can design your own systems... can't they toss those 2 in and give us the Plus price? I emailed them to find out. We'll see.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Johnathon, go ahead and add me. I can't think of anything I need as I just ordered from them last month, but one never knows.

I beleive you have my email address...
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Meh... I'm super bummed now. Everything I wanted is out of stock... rdoi, return pump, powerheads... dang it.

Tags
group, reef, supply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com