Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #111
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

yep, I'm hoping to order mine tonight. Thew are out of stock now on another item I really need. lol figures

Old 02-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #112
Aquarium Advice Freak

got my order in time for it to ship today! thanks for setting this up carey!

HPballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #113
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Never a problem! Glad you all are getting some stuff for some $$$ off. I'm still shopping now, lol, I think I'm gonna get some reactors too and some gfo and carbon. I keep adding stuff so not ready to place my order yet. I started at about $120 and now I'm up to almost $400. !!! :-0 I really need to just order LOL
Old 02-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #114
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Never a problem! Glad you all are getting some stuff for some $$$ off. I'm still shopping now, lol, I think I'm gonna get some reactors too and some gfo and carbon. I keep adding stuff so not ready to place my order yet. I started at about $120 and now I'm up to almost $400. !!! :-0 I really need to just order LOL
Ya I'm getting a lil high at the check out so I was wondering Carey would it hurt to get the 4 stage economy Ro/Di or should I just go with the 5 stage for a little extra
Old 02-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #115
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have the 4 stage from them and my filters are over a year old and always 0 Tds it works wonders my taps about 80 Tds !! At first I went with the 75 gal a day unit and it was horrible I can spit quicker than that made water and I'm in NYC with a 100 psi water pressure I have that away and got the 150 gpd and it's better
Old 02-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #116
Aquarium Advice Addict

How long would u say to make 15 gallons at a time
Old 02-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #117
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If you have not registered at brs you need to before the discounts will apply. I just sent off the last new additions so you guys should get an email sometime soon.

My ro/di takes almost an hour to make 5g. I'm hoping the new brs one will be quicker. Plus if I have enough water pressure i will be ordering the 150gpd upgrade.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #118
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

YOU MUST REGISTER at bulk reef supply.com before the discounts will appear. I just got an email from BRS and some of you guys have not registered yet. HE CAN NOT ENTER YOUR EMAIL IN HIS SYSTEM UNTIL YOU REGISTER.

I don't like wasting the group buy guys time so make sure you are set as far as registering. It has to be the same email you gave to me.

So all in all who has taken advantage of the group buy and what did you think of the pricing and how it works overall? I'm a big fan of getting discounts on anything so I'm very pleased with how this group buy thing works.

So far I still have stuff in my shopping cart and haven't made my purchase yet. LOL

I plan on getting:
RO/DI plus unit
biopellet reactor
biopellets
brs dual reactor for gfo/carbon
carbon
GFO
a magnetic seaweed clip
extra sediment filters for the ro/di unit
Epoxy for placing my corals
Calibration fluid for my refractometer
and a few other odds and ends.

I'm really excited to get my stuff though, I've been wanting to try a bio pellet reactor for some time now. And a new carbon/ gfo reactor will be sweet, the phosban ones I have now are leaky and small. lol

Thanks for reading!
Old 02-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #119
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bio pellets have alot of bad reviews and have caused reefs to fail by wiping out coral. It'd be terrible to have your coral in the 125g to die....... And it's only needed for tanks with little rock in the display
Old 02-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #120
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm using my 90g as the guinea pig. i will be running it on there for now and will see the results.

Tags
group, reef, supply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com