Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy Feb 14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
I want the ro/di unit, I'm gonna probably get a biopellet reactor too, gonna try it out on my 90g for now and see how it works out. It's much cheaper for a smaller reactor so I figured I'd let the 90g be the guinea pig. lol Also need the bio pellets, I needed more hanna tester reagents, some misc things here and there and some backup filters for the ro/di unit. :)

I was gonna get some other stuff too but I'm trying to be good. hehe...

Bio-pellets aren't necessary; GFO is better.

I run gfo now. :) I wanna do a biopellet setup on the 125g really bad but I hear mixed reviews on it so I figured I;d try for myself.

carey said:
I run gfo now. :) I wanna do a biopellet setup on the 125g really bad but I hear mixed reviews on it so I figured I;d try for myself.

How do you like it? Does it reduce algae? I only advised against bio-pellets because Rob from the 55g build recently lost his SPS due to the pellets

Wanted to do bio pellets 2 Cary but I'm holding off hearing horror story's mainly with cano outbreaks and bleaching corals and I have not heard no positive results that have been noticeable !! To me it's cool a nother toy but not if it will upset my perfectly running tank

I love my bio pellets. I just bought the new reef dynamics reactor for them. You really have to control the flow. To many people clean the water too good. You need to be able to control the tumble and the flow of water thought the system to control how good it cleans phosphate and nitrate. On my test tank it cleaned my water too good so I fed heavy to combat this. But now I will be able to control the tumble and the flow thought the system independently and this is the key. This setup is going on my display! I am able to connect the biopellet output directly to the input of my skimmer and this will stop the initial cyan outbreak.

On my test system it brought phos from 8 to .05 and nitrate from 45 to 1 or 2. This is where i like to keep it. So I was sold. Because I tend to overfeed.

Humm I'm not seeing any discounts. Did y'all check anything before and after? My name has reef club group buy. But everything I am looking at has the same price. When do you see the discount? At checkout?

Crazycajun said:
Humm I'm not seeing any discounts. Did y'all check anything before and after? My name has reef club group buy. But everything I am looking at has the same price. When do you see the discount? At checkout?

It should show the discount where it would normally show the bulk buy discount but not everything is at a discount..some items the manufacturer gives at a firm price and won't budge for BRS

Mrc8858 said:
It should show the discount where it would normally show the bulk buy discount but not everything is at a discount..some items the manufacturer gives at a firm price and won't budge for BRS

I am not seeing anything discounted when I log on bs not logging on. It's the same price either way. I was looking at rodi units, test kits, Hanna checkers and reagents, frag kits, salt, etc..

yep, I'm hoping to order mine tonight. Thew are out of stock now on another item I really need. lol figures

Never a problem! Glad you all are getting some stuff for some $$$ off. I'm still shopping now, lol, I think I'm gonna get some reactors too and some gfo and carbon. I keep adding stuff so not ready to place my order yet. I started at about $120 and now I'm up to almost $400. !!! :-0 I really need to just order LOL

carey said:
Never a problem! Glad you all are getting some stuff for some $$$ off. I'm still shopping now, lol, I think I'm gonna get some reactors too and some gfo and carbon. I keep adding stuff so not ready to place my order yet. I started at about $120 and now I'm up to almost $400. !!! :-0 I really need to just order LOL

Ya I'm getting a lil high at the check out so I was wondering Carey would it hurt to get the 4 stage economy Ro/Di or should I just go with the 5 stage for a little extra

I have the 4 stage from them and my filters are over a year old and always 0 Tds it works wonders my taps about 80 Tds !! At first I went with the 75 gal a day unit and it was horrible I can spit quicker than that made water and I'm in NYC with a 100 psi water pressure I have that away and got the 150 gpd and it's better

If you have not registered at brs you need to before the discounts will apply. I just sent off the last new additions so you guys should get an email sometime soon.

My ro/di takes almost an hour to make 5g. I'm hoping the new brs one will be quicker. Plus if I have enough water pressure i will be ordering the 150gpd upgrade. :-D

YOU MUST REGISTER at bulk reef supply.com before the discounts will appear. I just got an email from BRS and some of you guys have not registered yet. HE CAN NOT ENTER YOUR EMAIL IN HIS SYSTEM UNTIL YOU REGISTER.

I don't like wasting the group buy guys time so make sure you are set as far as registering. It has to be the same email you gave to me.

So all in all who has taken advantage of the group buy and what did you think of the pricing and how it works overall? I'm a big fan of getting discounts on anything so I'm very pleased with how this group buy thing works.

So far I still have stuff in my shopping cart and haven't made my purchase yet. LOL

I plan on getting:
RO/DI plus unit
biopellet reactor
biopellets
brs dual reactor for gfo/carbon
carbon
GFO
a magnetic seaweed clip
extra sediment filters for the ro/di unit
Epoxy for placing my corals
Calibration fluid for my refractometer
and a few other odds and ends.

I'm really excited to get my stuff though, I've been wanting to try a bio pellet reactor for some time now. And a new carbon/ gfo reactor will be sweet, the phosban ones I have now are leaky and small. lol

Thanks for reading!

Bio pellets have alot of bad reviews and have caused reefs to fail by wiping out coral. It'd be terrible to have your coral in the 125g to die....... And it's only needed for tanks with little rock in the display

I'm using my 90g as the guinea pig. i will be running it on there for now and will see the results. :)

Back
Top Bottom