Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy Feb 14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
I'm using my 90g as the guinea pig. i will be running it on there for now and will see the results. :)

Does the reactor you bought able to control the flow out of the reactor? If not you will have to find the sweet spot in the number of pellets you put in. I found this harder to do so I bought a different reactor.

I don't know much about skimmers but I've been trying to read. Does it have more PVC parts than shown for the water output? That's what I was thinking it would need. Looks like it just sprays out of a T in the photo. Thanks for replying.

nope everything you see is all you need. just sit it in your sump and adjust the water level. i have mine in about 8 inches of water. and yes the skimmed water just flows out of the T back into your sump.

here is a pic of it sitting in my sump. just doesn't have the collection cup on it at the moment
img_1804276_0_25f758f9cc0a4c69c69ae690925d81ee.jpg

yep i would buy it again. i've had no problems so far and it works great. i thought it wasn't working right one time but it turned out my filter sock had got sucked up against the pump intake.

The reactor I am getting has a ball valve on it so I can adjust the flow til I hit the cherry spot.

Yep, I forwarded all the names. :-( Wish i would have known sooner. Not sure if we will have any time to fix it tomorrow.

If you're talking about me up there, don't worry about it. I thought I sent you a pm. I can wait til next time LOL, I'd probably over spend anyway hehehe

Doesn't look like I'm going to get my freelance check cut until later this week so I'm going to miss out here. It may be a good thing because if I can get at least another $50 -$100 I can probably go up a model on the skimmer. Since I'm planning a shallow nursery to plumb into everything this might be better in the long run.

Well I couldn't stand missing this and the skimmer I have right now is on it's last leg so I decided to charge the skimmer and pay off the card in a few weeks. I picked up a Reef Octopus OCT NWB150 and saved $20. I'm super excited. Thanks Carey!

Glad you got a good deal! I only got my ro/di unit, everything else is out of stock. :-(

May have to bump up the next group buy from april to march. LOL

carey said:
Glad you got a good deal! I only got my ro/di unit, everything else is out of stock. :-(

May have to bump up the next group buy from april to march. LOL

Lol you could just keep on doing them right? Heck, i'd sign up for you even though i dont need anything!

I know I'm just getting going on my build but I would assume with the number of members here we would have enough people to do one every month. I will be buying something "big"ish through the next year I'm sure. I still have lighting and dosing to get to...

Lol you could just keep on doing them right? Heck, i'd sign up for you even though i dont need anything!

You're a sweetie, thanks! lol

I just got an email from BRS apologizing for not getting the last few people added as the guy was out on Friday. How many people got left behind or did not get to participate and wanted to? He suggested I could start a small group buy for those who didn't get in on this one and don't want to wait til April. :-D

So, if you wanted to join but it didn't work out for one reason or another please post so I can see if it's worth getting you guys included. I hate to see people not get in. :)

Back
Top Bottom