Bulkhead questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Todd

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering about bulkheads. Right now. I have 3/4" flex tubing running from my sump to my tank(using a 3/4"barbed bulkhead). I want to change to PVC. Am I right in saying that I need to change that bulkhead to a 3/4" slip bulkhead? I want to make sure I get the right one. Does the PVC slip inside the bulkhead?

PVC will always slip inside the bulkhead. For example 3/4 PVC will slide inside a 3/4 slip bulkhead. Don't be concerned if when u try to fit the PVC inside the bulkhead dry it wont fit. Its not supposed to, when u use the primer and cement for pvc it actually melts the pvc allowing it to slide smoothly into the bulkhead. The cement smells really bad and its bad for u to breath so use it in a well ventilated area or where a mask fitted with fume filters. Follow the directions on the pvc cement and you will have no problems. Good luck

this is what I used for my bulkheads ...3/4 female adapter .29....male adapter .32...o ring 1.25(10 pack)...pipe slips right in...you can also get them in threaded for pennies more...
img_776859_0_8aecda92994f4dbbf3d53b21491092b8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom