bulkhead sizes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gravereaper0

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wanna get my dimensions right. Doing a 90 gallon with a 20 gallon sump and trying to figure out my bulkheads. Got a Rio 3100 as the return and with a 4' head I wanna do around 600gph. Right now I have two 3/4" and one 1" bulkhead. Wanna use the two 3/4" bulkheads for intake and the 1" for return. Going the Herbie method for in, but my question is, since the flow of a 3/4" bhead is about 300gph, will the other one be making the slurp noise since its almost taking in as much of water as the first one?
Should I go back to the LFS and exchange one of the 3/4" for a 1"?

I would not use 3/4" bulkheads. I would use at least 1". I would also return the Rio and purchase a dependable pump. Eheim, Magdrive, QuietOne.

I would not use 3/4" bulkheads. I would use at least 1". I would also return the Rio and purchase a dependable pump. Eheim, Magdrive, QuietOne.

Yea I'm gonna have to go back n switch em. I got the pump "used" but it looks n pumps like new. It was $50 so I'll hang onto it till it craps out.

Back
Top Bottom